There are several ways to order medications. Repeat medications are those that you receive every month or every two months – the easiest way to request these is to register for the online service – see below. Acute medications are those that you have had as a “once-off” or those that need regular review with the GP (not on your repeat list) – see the acute medications section below.
Please allow several days for prescription requests to be processed – there are several stages to organising these before they are issued at the chemist. If you are concerned that you will run out please contact the Practice as we may be able to organise an emergency supply of medication.
For your safety and ours we do not accept prescription requests by telephone.
We would encourage you to use our online service to order your repeat medication – Register Now. This is the same system we use for online appointment booking and therefore once you have registered you can use the same login.
Advantages of using the online service:
- There is no need to type or write the names of the medications you need – all of your repeat medications are listed via a direct link to your medical record – all you need to do is click on the items you need. Simple!
- We can send you a message if there is any problem meeting your request
- Your request transmits to the practice automatically. You don’t need to use re-order slips!
- This is all done through a secure website that requires you to login
When requesting repeat medication keep the following in mind:
- Request all of your medication at the same time; even if you still have several days supply left of some items
- Indicate clearly which pharmacy you wish to dispense your medication
- Allow at least 3 working days to enable us to process your request
- Let us know if we have omitted to change or update your medication record
- Contact the Practice when advised to review your medication
Each and every patient’s case is individual, however generally the doctor will give you 2 months supply of each medicine but some items may be prescribed in smaller quantities.
Repeat Printed Slip
Alternatively post or hand in the printed slip, provided with your last prescription, to the Practice.
If you need a review for these then please make either a phone or face-to-face appointment with a GP. If you are not sure if you need review or not contact the surgery and the administration staff will advise you or put you through to the triage clinician. If it is something you have had in the past or just request occasionally then add a note to the online system or complete a request slip. The GPs will review these requests and if they feel review is required prior to prescribing we will contact you to organise an appointment, otherwise they will issue them.